Monster Goliath Groupers with NFL Linebacker Sam Barrington – 4K
(dynamic electronic whooshing) – Alright guys, we’re here today
with Sam Barrington, again. – Yeah. – He got a taste of a big shark, and now he’s hungry for more. You ready to do a big Goliath Grouper? – [Sam] Yeah, I’m ready. – Alright man, let’s do it. – Let’s go. (dynamic electronic music) – There go fish on, fish on, whooo! It’s a big Bonito! Oh, man. Ooh! Come on Sam, come on,
it’s a big one, dude! You gotta catch it quick man, or the sharks are gonna eat ’em. That’s a big one, dude. You got it, you got it, you got him. That’s a huge Bonito! Come on man, come on, come on. Awww, he got off, (beeping). There we go; Bonito on, yep. Nice. – [Sam] Come on, Johan. No more pretty boy polo shirt. – Oooh, there’s a, there’s a fish. Do a fish shake up. Tossing me a double-up right now. Here we go, here we go. Double, double high, doubled
up, doubled up, doubled up. Oh! Come on, come on, come on, come on. – [Sam] There we go. – Whoo!
– Wow! – Sam, that one’s yours?
– Oh yeah. – Alright guys, double-header,
Bonitos chaos right here. Oh, he’s go a fish on. – [Sam] Come one, Jake, let’s go baby. – [Josh] He’s got a
Bonito, he’s got a Bonito. – [Sam] Come on, bump it! – Here we go, here we go. – [Sam] Bump it, bump it! – I’m bumping, man. – I don’t, I don’t think
he’s woken up yet, man. – Oh, he woke up! – He just woke up, he just woke up. (cheering) Ah, there goes all your work. – [Richard] Come on! – He’s still going, he’s still going. Alright buddy, let’s go, come on. Dude, that dolphin’s, that
dolphin’s gonna eat your Bonito. Dolphin’s gonna eat your
Bonito, man, come on, come on. Pump, pump, pump, pump, pump. I see him, I see him, I see him. – Let’s go, let’s go! (clapping) – Alright, look at that Bonito
guys, look at that Bonito. – Yeah, this hard work man. – That is hard work. – Thanks to my man Josh up here. – Alright, hey dude, I’m gonna
put this back in the water and we’re gonna get a Goliath right now. – Okay. I feel like King Kong! (laughing) – Albino King Kong. – Alright, Sam, it’s time
to catch a Goliath Grouper. Now, you’ve caught the Bonitos. How did the Bonitos fight? – They fought good. You know, Bonitos are fun, man. It’s fun catching Bonitos. It’s quick. It’s a little quick, tough battle, and you know they’re small
– TIt’s tough, right? – But they’ll, they’ll
fight you, and I like it. – Now, we’re gonna drop
that down for bait. – Yeah. – On this guy right here, dude. You ready? – Yeah, it’s my old buddy. – I’m gonna harness you in. – Alright. – And we’re gonna catch a
Goliath Grouper right now. – Let’s do it.
– Let’s do it. – I’m the spotter. – That’s the hook, Sam. – Wow. – That’s the hook, guys. – That’s a big one, yeah. – So this is technique?
– You ready? This is all technique.
– Can I see the hook again? – So as the fish pulls harder, okay, you see how, remember the technique, how you’re sitting on the rod? As it pulls harder, sit deeper. – I’m not nervous. – You’re not nervous? – I’m not nervous. – Every time I put that bait in the water, and I’m holding that rod, I am nervous. My heart rate gets about 20 beats higher. – I’m gonna tell you why I’m
nervous, I’m not nervous. I don’t mean to “I’m nervous”, but it’s because I don’t know any better. That’s the fun part about it. – Okay.
– You know better. – Alright, you ready? – Yeah. – Here we go. Oh man, my, my heart rate’s beating cause I know what’s gonna happen. – (laughing) – There we go, he’s got it, he got it. Hold on.
– Holy snacks. – Oh man, hold on, hold
on, hold on, hold on. He dropped it, he dropped it. Let ’em gun, let ’em gun,
let ’em gun, let ’em gun it. Oh! It rode up. The bait was too big. – Hey, if ya’ll only felt how that felt. It felt like a car was going downhill, and I was attached to it. I swear to you. – Here we go. Get ready. Oh my gosh, look at this bro,
it’s gonna happen right now. Watch this. – Heyah! Aiyah! – [Johan] Oh! – You got him, dude. – Only if ya’ll knew. Only if you knew. – Alright you got him man, you got him. – [Richard] Come on, Sam! – Is it double gear? You got a mode where I can use both gears? Look at that. – He’s moving the whole boat. – [Johan] He’s playing guitar. There he goes. (laughing) – [Richard] Come on, Sam,
you got it, you got it. – [Josh] There he is dude. – [Ricard] Ha, holy (beep). – [Sam] Hey, bring that on my Snapchat. (beeping) – [Josh] There we go! Look at that, guys. That’s a big fish. Woohoo!
– Hey, yeah. – Alright, let’s release this fish. There we go. Go, go, go, go, go. Sam, how was that, bro? – Hey, it was, you know, when
you compare that to a shark, it didn’t have as much stamina as a shark, but the power was way more
– Intense. – Intense than a shark, I promise you. But that was fun. That was fun. – That’s a warm-up fish. Now we gotta get you
a four or 500 pounder. – [Sam] Let’s go, let’s go. – Let’s do it man. We gotta re-anchor. That fish pulled us off anchor. – Man. – I see a Goliath down
there, I see a Goliath. – You see a Goliath?
– Oh yeah. Boom! He just got it, he just got it, dude! – Alright, I got this, I got this. – [Johan] Yeah, show
me the stance you have. Counterweight. – That’s a big one,
dude, that’s a big one! He ate it right on the surface, dude. How sick was that? – Back up, I got it. I got you, I got you. – You got me, you got me? He’s going. I see him. That’s a big one I think. Oh, yeah, there he is. I see him. It’s right here, right here. There he is. It’s a bigger one, dude. There we go, dude. That’s a, that’s a 300
pounder right there. 250, 300. Alright, look at that fish, Sam! That’s a Giant! That’s a Giant, dude. Wow. Here we go, here we go. Push it’s head down, push it down. Dude.
– Put it right here. That was awesome, bro. – Yeah. – They fight hard, don’t they? – Real hard. – The scary thing, Sam, is there’s seven, 800 pounders down there. That’s 300. Imagine fishing was three times that size, and that’s how big they are. Johan, what’s the biggest
fish you ever caught? – It was a sardine, just
a couple minutes ago. – Sardine, or didn’t you catch a Bonito? – Oh, that’s the one, yeah. – Okay, so I have a Bonito that you caught for bait right now, okay? And it’s gonna get
eaten by a huge Grouper. You ready?
– Yeah, it’s fine. – Alright, here we go. – (beeping) – Come on, come on, get that reel. (laughing) What is this? What, what kind of nonsense is this? Why is it pulling so hard? – I’ll pull you hard. Oh man, you need to train for this. – Come on, come on, come on. What, the belt ripped? You serious?
– Yeah. – Oh my god. – [Richard] Dayum. – Belt just broke, guys. – Come on, don’t give up. – [Josh] Come on, come on,
more forward, more forward. – More forward a little bit, I got you. (ooohing) – Look at that thing, dude. Look at the size of that Grouper. Look at that fish! That’s a Giant, dude! There he goes, there you go. Go down, go down, go down. Go on then, go, go. There he goes. Alright, so we’ve caught
three Groupers on this line, so I cut it. I got a recrimp now. Mono, when you put that
much pressure on it, continues to crack and fracture; so after so many fish, you have to retie or recrimp or something cause otherwise the
line’s just gonna break. You ready?
– Nope. – You’re not ready; are you nervous? – Yep. – Okay, I like that. He’s nervous. He’s been getting it.
– Yep. – What’s the biggest fish you ever caught? – I just caught it. – Bonito, okay, so we got the
Bonito down there for bait. Here we go. Reel, reel, reel, reel. You got him, reel, reel, reel, reel. Reel, reel, reel, reel, reel, reel, reel. Come on, come on, come on, come on. – You got my back, man? – [Sam] I got you, don’t worry. – That’s a big one, dude,
that’s a big one, dude. Oh my gosh. He’s pulling, he’s pulling a
120 pounds drag right now, guys I’m thumbing the pull. He’s pulling the boat forward. Come on, reel, reel, reel, reel. This might be a 500 pounder. What happened to my hat? Did it fall off? – [Sam] Nah, right here man. – Thanks. Gotta get my hat on, there we go. Come on man, get it done, get it done. There he is. It’s a good one, man. There we go! Nice one, dude. Alright, guys, let’s release this fish. There he goes. Whoo! That was awesome. Dude, how does that feel, catching the biggest fish of your life? – Listen (heavy breathing). – Don’t worry man, it’s
always an awkward shake after a big fight like that. – You like popsicles?
– Yeah, yeah. – They like popsicles too. Let’s grab a big, frozen one. – Okay.
– Let’s do that. – [Sam] Let’s do it. – It’s a hot day, guys. The Goliath’s gotta
cool down too, you know. There we go. They love popsicles, man. Oh, that’s a good one. Let ’em eat it, let ’em
eat it, let ’em eat it. Come on man, you got it,
you got it, you got it. It might be the, it might be a Giant. Let ’em go back down. Go on, go on back in there. I see ’em. Come on, you got, you got this. Right there, right there. We got it, we got it, we got it. That’s a big one! That’s the one you want, Sam. – [Sam] Hugh, come on, come on, come on. – [Josh] Oh, it’s Giant. Sam, are you officially tired now? – Yeah, I’m tired man. – Exhausted? How many did you catch? – What was that, five or four? – [Josh] Five, four or five? – Today was a great day, man. Today was a great day, plentiful day. – Well, you know what, dude, let’s end the day with
this fish right here. Let’s let him go.
– Let him go. – This little 400 pound fish. Push him down. – [Sam] Pfew. So glad you came down again, dude. – Yeah. – You caught the big sharks. Now you got the big Goliaths. – Plentiful day, man, we caught about, we caught as a group, we caught about, what, 15 today? – We caught a lot. – We caught a lot.
– Caught a lot of fish today. And we only caught ’em
in what, three hours? – Yeah, in addition to that,
I learned a lot today too. That was the most fun part. – Yeah, I mean every time, you know, I want to get you a better fisherman, man. – Yeah.
– Let me ask you a question. What’s next in your career of fishing? You caught the big Bull Shark. You caught Goliath Grouper. What’s next? What do you want next?
– You tell me. I consider you like my sensei of fishing. – Alright, how ’bout this?
– Mr. Miagi. – What’d you say? – How bout, how bout we plan, I want to get you on some
sport fish, Tarpon and that, but let’s do a Bahamas
trips soon, coming up. – Okay.
– Let’s go there. Catch a Grinder, a big Tiger shark. – Let’s do it, let’s do it. – Let’s do that man. – I’ll make sure I’m properly
conditioned for that, alright. – Yeah, that’s gonna be a heck of a fight. That’s gonna pull as hard as the Goliath, but for an hour. – Yeah. – It’s brutal. – I’ll be ready for it. – Alright, man, hey, thanks
for coming out, dude. – No problem, man, thanks for having me. – Hope you guys enjoyed this video, and we’ll see you next time. – [Announcer] Blacktip H
Fishing is brought to you by Tackle Direct, world’s
premier fishing outfitter, Bullbuster brand direct fishing lines, and Southern Fin apparel. – [Josh] Dude, he’s scared,
he’s as scared as can be. Oh, a Goliath just got up after him, bro. Ooh, he got him! Oh my gosh! He got him. Freakin’ Giant, bro. The balloons, ah, the balloons, he’s come back up, he’s come back up. Look at that, boyo. Oh, he got it again! Oh, (laughing) oh my gosh, he’s got it.